When Is Rent Due?

Rent is due on the 1st of each month. If this date falls on a holiday or weekend, the rent is still due on this day. Therefore, if you are paying by debit, you must come into the office prior to the 1st to avoid late fees.

How can I pay my rent?

You can pay your rent to RHOME. or to your on-site Caretaker or Building Manager. We can take cheque, money order, debit, or via pre-authorized withdrawal via your bank. Your onsite Caretakers or Building Managers cannot accept cash on site. This must be paid to the office directly. You can also leave a cheque (no cash) in our afterhours drop box located on the exterior of our building at 1001 Cloverdale. Please note that RHOME no longer accepts cash either on site or at our main office. 

How much is the late fee for rent?

The late fee for late rent is $25.00. This amount will be added to your account on the 2nd of the month and will be due when you pay the balance of your rent.

What happens when I am on pre-authorized withdrawal and there is not enough money in my account?

If your bank account has insufficient funds at the time that rent is being taken out of your account, as per the Pre-Authorized Withdrawal agreement you signed, then the bank notifies us that there are not enough funds. A NSF (non-sufficient funds) charge is added to your account from RHOME in the amount of $25.00. Bank fees may apply, in addition to a late fee of $25.00.

What happens if I cannot pay my rent?

If you cannot pay your rent, please contact your Site Manager or Property Manager as soon as possible. At this point the Property Manager would be within their rights to post a 10 Day Notice giving you 10 days to pay your rent or you will have to move out.

How do I deal with maintenance issues?

Should any maintenance items come up during your tenancy with RHOME, please contact your Site Manager or Property Manager as soon as possible. An example of maintenance items would be one of your appliances have stopped working. The Property Manager will arrange for a professional to come and assess the situation and repair/replace if needed. It is important for the Manager to have all the information when dealing with maintenance issues.

How do I deal with other Tenants?

There are many positives to living in a multi-unit dwelling. However, sometimes differences in opinions and conflicts do occur. RHOME is here to help navigate those waters. If you are having difficulties with another Tenant, please contact your Site Manager or Property Manager with all the specifics and details that will enable them to act accordingly. If there are security concerns that require immediate attention, please contact the Police.

How do I let RHOME know that I want to move out?

Should you wish to vacate the unit, please consult your Residential Tenancy Agreement as there is a clause in this agreement that states how long you have agreed to rent the unit. If you are in violation of this clause, additional fees may apply. Once you have this information you have to let RHOME know, in writing, one (1) month ahead of time.

For example, should you wish to move out on December 31st, you have to let RHOME know, in writing, on or before November 30th. There is a form that can be filled out and signed, or you can write down a hand written note with your signature on the bottom. An e-mail without a signature or a text message does not suffice as proper notice.

Do I have to let RHOME know if someone moves in with me?

Yes. As per your tenancy agreement, only those persons noted on the agreement may occupy the unit. The tenant must apply in writing, for permission to have another person not named in the agreement to occupy the unit. An application must be completed and the rent may be increased for the additional occupant.

Can I Make a Noise Complaint?

Living in a multi-unit dwelling has its pros and cons. Noise can certainly become as issue when living in such close quarters. Should you wish to make a noise complaint, please contact your Property Manager in writing. The Property Manager may then decide to send a letter letting your neighbour know that a complaint has been made. To protect your privacy, your identity is not revealed during this process. It is helpful to have dates, times, and specific details of the noise so that Property Manager can follow up with the most accurate information.